Before 1900 to Present
1779 Bailey Bridge Road, Limestone, TN 37681 in the community of Asbury
The Asbury United Methodist Church has consisted of several buildings in its history. The first church is thought to have been built near the site of the present church before 1900. The present church was completed on Oct. 30, 1955 and dedicated on April 24, 1960. This meant that the church was paid for “in full.”
The church for many years was a member of a two point charge composed of the Limestone Church. Finally in 1969, the Asbury Church after being a station church for several years, was put with the Mt. Wesley Church. Since that time they have continued to work together. Many projects including the Lord’s Acre project is done with the sister church.
Reid S. Wilson, 1955
Mack A. Houston, 1971
Priscilla Bryan, 1993
Source: 1971 Asbury United Methodist Church Directory; 1993 Directory of Asbury United Methodist Church .