GPS location: 36° 19.19N 082° 36.48W
Glendale School is in a field beside Glendale Rd. not far from the intersection of Blackely Creek Rd. and Glendale Rd. in the Locust Mount – Oak Hill Community. This area was first called Locust Mount and then later Oak Hill.
Children from the school attended high school at Sulphur Springs.
Glendale School, situated nine miles southwest of Jonesborough, was one of a few consolidated schools in the county. Land for it had been donated by S.T. Martin and family and a 75-foot corridor to the spring was donated by Davis Barnes. In 1914, Glendale School had three teachers – Principal E. C. Hicks, Myrtle Leonard, and Frances Walker. There were 126 pupils and a daily average attendance of 91. In 1943 the land on which the school was located was sold to Dora Martin and the corridor to the spring was sold to Roscoe Lynch.
Source: Washington County, Tennessee History, 1988, p. 198