245 Brethren Church Drive, at the intersection of Brethren Dr. and Bennett Rd., Jonesborough, TN
Pleasant View church was organized in 1858 by ten Brethren who met in Isaac Bashor’s home. It was first called Bashor’s Meeting House, using two downstairs rooms for services. In 1878 F.W. Dove donated 1 1/4 acres of land for a church and cemetery. The name was changed to Pleasant View. Membership grew from 60 to 154, one of the largest in Tennessee.
The church building burned December 16, 1923 and was rebuilt January 12, 1924. About half of the members moved to the Jonesborough church which was built in 1924.
Robert G. Edwards was the first pastor.
See the Pleasant View Cemetery in the Cemetery Section of this web site.
Source: With permission, from the History of Washington County Tennessee, 1988 by the Watauga Association of Genealogists. Posted 29 May 2005.