1882 to Present
586 Mount Wesley Road, Telford, TN
The first church, 20 – 25 feet square, was built in 1882 and was called Slemons Hill. In 1900 or 1901 a larger building was constructed and the name was changed to Mount Wesley by the Holston Conference. However, it was called “The Hill” for many years.
It was first known as the Jonesborough Circuit and later changed to the Telford Circuit in 1919 consisting of eight churches. Mt. Wesley was first organized as the Methodist Episcopal Church before the merger with the Southern Methodist Church in 1939. In 1943 it became a six point charge.
The present structure was begun in July 1953 and the first service was held on 30 May 1954.
In 1969 the Methodist and the United Brethren Churches merged to form the United Methodist Church and Mt. Wesley was placed on a two point charge with Asbury.
|George Cox||Charles Mahaffey||Harold Ray||Sheridan Buck|
|D.L. Howell||Fred Rowe||Robert Tickle||Albert Ailor|
|A.C. Ketron||Harold Harris||Newton Dickens||E.B. Jeffers|
|T.H. Conner||W.E.O. Robeson||Luther Lawson||Lenoir Culbertson|
|S.A. Hopper||Walter Gates||Edd Clawson||Randall Walters|
|Rev. Shoupe||E.M. Trammel||Oral Lingerfelt||James Walter|
|Rev. McDonald||M.F. Goss||Mack Houston||Michael Sluder|
|D.L. Howell||Joe Dew||Elmer Cleek||Pricilla Bryan|
|Rev. Gillespie||Raymond Geisler||Arnold Williams|
|T.E. Goodman||W. Ray McDougle||Woodrow Banks|