Located across the road and Keplinger Branch from 968 Conklin Road, Jonesborough, Tennessee on the Johnny R. Ferguson farm. It is in a clump of trees about 3/4th of the way up the hill.
GPS location: +36° 12.485N -82° 32.095W
There are only field stones, no inscriptions on them. The area is large enough to have 20 to 25 graves.
The Dillow-Ferguson family are to be commended for keeping the cemetery fenced and no not allowing livestock to trample the graves.
Research in the Washington County Deeds records, revealed that Stephen Woolsey sold the property to Benjamin Bashor in 1857. (DB36, page 353). In 1880, Benjamin Bashor sold 163 acres to John L. Dillow (DB47 page 496). John L. Dillow died in 1905, after which there were some partition deeds.
Surveyed, researched and donated to the Washington County TNGen Web December 2014 by Gordon M. Edwards, member of the Cemetery Survey Team of Northeast Tennessee.
Copyrighted 20153 by the Cemetery Survey Team of Northeast Tennessee. No part of this work may be copied without written permission from the Cemetery Survey Team.