PROF. WILLIAM ANDERSON, a prominent minister and teacher of Maury County, Tenn., and was born in Williamson County, of this State, October 19, 1843, son of James C. and Lucinda (Newsom) Anderson, who were married January 29, 1843, and the parents of four children. The father was a native of Alabama, and came to Williamson County in 1834. He was ordained a minister of the Christian Church in 1828, and followed the vocation of farming in connection with his ministerial duties. He died September 12, 1857. The mother is still living, and a resident of the old homestead in Williamson County. Our subject remained on the farm until he was nineteen years of age, overseeing the business transactions and caring for his widowed mother. He then began attending school at the Franklin College, remaining there until 1872, teaching and attending school, and has continued that occupation ever since. He is at present teaching school at Carter Creek, and has been the local minister of the Christian Church in that neighborhood. In 1875 he wedded Laura Alexander, a native of this county, and became the father of three children: Effie, Ora and Clark C., all living. Prof. Anderson is an eloquent preacher and a learned teacher, and is classed among the leading citizens of Maury County.
Source: History of Tennessee: From the Earliest Time to the Present; Together with an Historical and a Biographical Sketch of Maury, Williamson, Rutherford, Wilson, Bedford and Marshall Counties. Nashville, Tenn: Goodspeed Pub. Co, 1886.