The Cumberland County Courthouse burned in early 1905. However, the deed records were saved and are available from 1855 in the Register of Deeds Office. Marriage records are available from 1905 to the present.
Books of Interest
- Boniol, Michael W. Genealogical and Historical Notes from Crossville, Tennessee Newspapers. Crossville, Tenn: M.W. Boniol, 1995. [Find In a Library | Order Form ]
- Cooper, Betty D. H. Tennessee Roots. Cottonwood, CA (20159 Gas Point Rd., Cottonwood 96022: B.D.H. Cooper, 1987 – a multi-volume set that covers descendants of Charles Reagan, Reuben Hamby, Michael Hyder and Joseph Cooper. [Find in a Library | Order Forms – Vol. 2, Vol. 3, Vol. 4, Vol. 5 ]
- Hedgecoth, Carolyn H. Antioch Church Record Book, 1850-1905: Located in Hebbertsburg Community, Cumberland County, Tennessee. Tenn.: C.H. Hedgecoth, 1997. [Find in a Library | Order Form ]
- Reed, Jan M, and Loreda W. Davis. Marriage Records of Cumberland County, Tennessee. Crossville, Tenn. (Rt. 21, Box 298, Crossville 38555: Cumberland Genealogical Research, 1991. [Find in a Library | Order Form ]
- Swafford, Thomas V. The Swafford-Tollett Feud. Pikeville, Tenn: Printing Partners, 2003. [Find in a Library | Order Form ]